Professional Reader

Thursday 6 July 2017

July TBR

There is no point in setting myself up to read too much this month.  I get married and am on honeymoon for a chunk so I want to be realistic.  I have started with 4 books but we will see how that goes! I will probably add some more since I have already finished one and am about 130 pages from finishing the second!

1. "The Red Parts" by Maggie Nelson - I have now finished this one as it was quite short but also really enthralling.  I will get to a detailed review in my July wrap up but this book was fantastic.  It followed the true story of a murder trial years after the event. I was really keen to read this because I had heard so many great reviews of the writing style. I also really love crime stories - fiction and non-fiction so I was really drawn to this from the moment I heard the synopsis.


2. "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood - This is one I am currently reading and almost finished. It really is a modern classic novel and after watching the first episode of the new TV series I absolutely knew that I would have to read it straight away.  It is a short read again but is very powerful.  I am really excited to finish this one because I am loving the writing style and the way Atwood has created and developed her characters.









3. "Into the Water" by Paula Hawkins - This is one of my book club reads for the month which I am really excited about.  This one I will be listening to on Audible this month because I want to try to get through it quite quickly and maybe take it on holiday too.  I absolutely loved "The Girl on the Train" so I have really high expectations for this one.  I just hope it doesn't disappoint because of the hype about it so far. 








4. "Lorali" by Laura Dockrill - I am not a huge fan of high fantasy, mermaids etc. I will admit that straight away I have my doubts about this one.  I have heard that it is superb which is the reason I picked this one up.  I had a quick read at the first few chapters and it seems to be really well written so far.  I think I will need to keep focus on this one though because I get easily bored of fantasy and so I really need to persevere with this one.





There are a few more n my horizon that are my "Hope To Read" list if I get finished:
"The Hate U Give" by Angie Thomas
"lying about last summer" by Sue Wallman

As soon as the wedding is done I will be able to commit a lot more time to reading and hopefully get through a little more.

Meg x

No comments:

Post a Comment