Professional Reader

Monday 26 June 2017

Introductions and Inspiration

I have recently gotten into the habit of sitting myself down for frank chats and the occasional telling off - someone has to do it! Anyway, getting to the point, in one of these recent chats I was telling myself off for not reading enough.  This sounds crazy since I teach English at high school level for a living so I actually read most days.  My problem was that I am not reading anything new or for real enjoyment.  So what did I do about my reading rut?

1. Joined an online book club.
2. Discovered "BookTube" channels.
3. Subscribed to said "BookTubers" and binge watched their last few videos.
4. Went and topped up my book supplies.

So what is this blog going to be about? What are my aims and goals? Why am I doing this?

My vision for this blog is to create a collection of reviews of the books I have loved, books I have hated, books that I want to read again in the future - basically all of the books.

The main thing I want to do with the blog is to keep ensuring that I am making time to read as often as possible (because it makes me so, so happy!) and to give recommendations to others who are looking for something to read.

When we disconnect from reading it can be so difficult to close the gap and start reading again.  Every book is tagged with an excuse as to why you shouldn't start with that one and I want to be able to inspire those who are uninspired with their book choices for whatever reasons.

The blog will contain a few different types of blog including -
Book hauls
My "To Be Read" (TBR) lists
Reviews of books I have been reading
Monthly round-ups
Favourites lists
 (plus many more!)

This week marks the end of teaching term so, as of Friday, I will have the whole summer to get my reading glasses back on, dig out my favourite coffee mug and cosy blankets to curl up and get stuck into the books on my current TBR list!

So...welcome to Books Beyond the Blurb! I can't wait to start sharing my reading experiences with you and to hear your experiences too.

Meg x

No comments:

Post a Comment